Friday, October 26, 2012

Speaking to My Freshman-Year English Teacher - Friday, October 26, 2012

After finishing my lunch at school, I had  the wonderful opportunity to speak to my English teacher from my freshman year of high school. Three years have passed since he was a teacher of mine. I happened to pass by the classroom he was in and waved to him. I believe he waved back or said something, so I returned to stay for a while.

Honestly, I had not anticipated a conversation, so I didn't know exactly what to initially speak of. I'm glad to say that my social skills have improved over the years. I can guarantee that I wouldn't have been able to hold such a conversation three years ago. We spoke of Spirit Week, the skit the teachers will perform in, the homecoming game, and video games. It turned out to be a great dialogue as we began to speak about the psychological aspects of gaming.

I love it when I'm able to speak without the impingement caused by my stutter. My stutter definitely serves as an obstacle when it comes to my attempts to express myself. Hindering my path toward achieving goals and lowering my self-esteem, my stutter is frequently a contribution to my decline of confidence. Regardlessly, I hope to have overcome it someday. I know it will most likely be a gradual process, but it will be worth it.

No comments: